Catamount offers three and six-month internship and co-op programs, providing hands-on experience with both our Preconstruction and Operations/Project Management teams. Interns gain an understanding of the respective roles and responsibilities and help start your career path after graduation!
We chatted with our Fall 2020 interns – Dante and Stephen from Colorado State University, Fort Collins and Ivan from University of Colorado, Denver – about their experience during their time at Catamount before heading back to school.
Going into your internship, what were you hoping to learn or gain experience in?
- “How to efficiently estimate a project in the preconstruction phase, as well as learn the flow of construction in the field.” – Dante
- “All the aspects of construction, operations and preconstruction and gain experience in both these areas to better learn what I was interested in after graduation.” – Stephen
What did you learn that will be most valuable to apply to your degree?
- “The amount of communication between people required to complete a project from start to finish.” – Dante
- “Leadership.” – Ivan
What have you enjoyed most about your internship with Catamount?
- “Working with a great team.”
- “I have most enjoyed being exposed to so many different things with many different people, from jobsite to office and getting to interact and learn from all of those experiences.”
Thank you for all of your hard work with us, Dante, Ivan and Stephen!
For more information about our internship and co-op program, head to our website here.